The Horizon Renewable Energy Science Kit (FCJJ-37) demonstrates the workings of a clean energy technology system on a miniature scale. Power an electrical circuit by solar panel or a wind turbine with profiled blades based on NASA aeronautics. Generate hydrogen through water electrolysis and convert it into electricity using a PEM fuel cell. Whichever combination of technologies you want to explore, this science kit is a comprehensive intro- duction to the principles behind renewable microgrids.
• Small-scale wind turbine, solar cell, fuel cell, electrolyzer & more.
• Enough hardware, software and curriculum content for groupwork – up to 4 or 5 students.
• Recommended age groups: 12+
Experiments and Activities:
• The Effect of Tilt Angle, Heat, & Shade on Solar Panels
• Finding the Solar Panel’s Max Power Point
• Electrolysis Mode Generating H2 & O2
• Fuel Cell Mode Generating Electricity
• Determining the Minimum Water Decomposition Voltage
• Polarization States for Hydrogen Fuel Cells
• How Many Blades Are Best?
• Using Three different Curved Blade Shapes
• Using Blades You Make Yourself
• Turbine Eïffciencies and Measuring RPM
• Wind turbine body
• Rotor head for profiled blades
• 9 profiled blades for turbine
• Rotor head adapter for sheet blades
• 3 polypropylene sheet blades for turbine
• PEM Electrolyzer & base
• PEM Fuel cell & base
• H2 and O2 tanks with bases (2)
• Inner gas containers
• Circuit board module base
• 100 ohm Variable Resistor module
• 1 Watt Solar panel
• Adaptors, tubing clincher & purging valve
• Assembly instructions and CD with curriculum manuals
• As well as Plug pins, Battery pack, leads, syringe, silicon tubing, 2mm banana wires